Monday, June 30, 2014

Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! #135

Here we are, back for your favorite little meme!
Last week I told you that I'd be posting something from outside the Old City in Jerusalem. Well, I've decided to take myself at face value: here are two structures that we saw from across the valley, on our way back to the car right after having been in the Old City :)
Intriguing Structure #1:
 isn't that cool? Wait - here's the cropped version, maybe you can see it better that way:

And here's the other, Intriguing Structure #2:
and its cropped version:
I couldn't tell from far away if that was the design, or if it's being renovated. From the close up on my limited camera, it seems pretty clear that it's surrounded by scaffolding. But I still think it looks neat :)

Now it's your turn! Please play along with us here at Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors! All you need to do is post a photo of a window, door, or anything architectural, link here, and sign up in the widget, below. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful, whimsical week, everyone! And please have some prayers, happy thoughts and/or good karma for our three missing boys...

4 comments:

Dina said...

Shalom Toby. Cool, we both have pictures from the Mt. of Olives today.

It is so funny to see the Russian Monastery of the Ascension tower covered with scaffolding! It's about time, because it really needs some work, I saw when I climbed up in the tower in 2012.
Check out its dizzying spiral staircase at
http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/in-russian-bell-tower.html

Fun60 said...

They are very interesting structures especially the first one which much shine out across the valley.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello Toby. Thank you for sharing these views of my favorite city. That tall tower is intriguing, that white "cap" on top so unusual.

And on a different note, I am so sorry about the three kidnapped boys, heartbroken and sad.

Dina said...

Thanks for fixing my link, Toby. Sorry about that.
I have no koach to blog since yesterday. I'm glad you found some words for it.